Do you love sweets? Do you also like fruit? Do you enjoy Fruit Roll-Ups but feel bad buying them because you know that they are unhealthy, filled with preservatives and create foil and paper waste? Well we have the perfect recipe for you that only requires 2 ingredients, and depending on how you source them, it can be essentially waste-free! We have made these and boy are they a perfect treat for sweet-toothed treat-enthusiasts of all ages.
This recipe was taken from @buzzfeedtasty from Instagram but made by us in the pictures below.
To make 12 servings, all you need is:
- 3 cups of strawberries (~450g), hulled
- 2 tablespoons of honey, agave or maple syrup (optional as the fruit may be sweet enough)
- Place the strawberries and honey into a fruit processor or blender and puree into a thick and smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto a lined baking tray. We used a silicone baking mat and it worked perfectly. Attention: this will get sticky quickly – so make sure your mat properly lines the whole inside of the tray. Make sure the puree is evenly spread out and evenly layered.
- Bake for 6 hours at 175°F (80°C) or until the entire surface is dry to the touch.
- Once cooled, turn the baking mat face-down onto a cutting board a carefully peel away the silicone baking mat.
- Once separated from the silicone mat, roll the fruit delicacy into an even cylinder and cut it into the desires length (recommended 1-inch/2cm across). If the fruit sheet seems too dry to roll, place a damp paper towel over it and leave it for a few minutes. The moisture will rehydrate the fruit snack.
While it may take a while to bake in the oven, this snack not only makes your house smell amazing but it also satisfies that end of meal sweet tooth craving!